Life, Faith and Writings of C.S. Lewis
A new year-long discipleship program using the Life, Faith and Writings of C.S. Lewis is being offered by the C.S. Lewis Institute to anyone who has completed the Year 1 C.S. Lewis Fellows Program.
This discipleship program explores the life, faith and writings of C.S. Lewis with a view toward discipleship. It takes participants through a wide range of readings, movies, and other materials not only to become knowledgeable about the writings and life of C.S. Lewis, but to learn from him as a spiritual mentor and more importantly come to know the Lord Jesus Christ more deeply.
The program includes monthly assignments, a fall retreat, small group discussion, prayer and fellowship, lectures and practical application, all of which are connected to a key monthly discipleship theme.
To apply, complete the digital application (deadlines vary by city so please check with your local program.) Phone interviews will follow the application. You will receive a phone call from the C.S. Lewis Institute to answer any questions you might have about the program and to confirm your willingness to commit to being an active part of the C.S. Lewis Fellows Program community. This includes completing the monthly readings and assignments (around 250 pages/month); attending the kick-off lecture in early June, attending the monthly meetings (first Saturday of each month from September – June), actively sharing and discussing the material in a small group and praying and fellowshipping with a quad or triad.
Readings will include monthly Bible study on a theme; and books, essays and writings of C.S. Lewis including: Mere Christianity, The Problem of Pain, The Chronicles of Narnia, The Weight of Glory, The Screwtape Letters, Letters to Malcolm, The Four Loves, The Great Divorce and others.
Cost: No tuition is charged, however you will incur a retreat fee to cover lodging/meals. Payment will be turned in at the June Kickoff lecture.
- June 2022: Kickoff Lecture
- June – August: Summer Readings and Assignments
- September 2022: Fall Retreat
- October 2022 – June 2023: Monthly Saturday morning lecture and small group meeting.
- Monthly quad or triad meeting for fellowship and prayer scheduled by quad/triad.
Monthly Discipleship Themes:
1) Learning from the Spiritual Conversion of C.S. Lewis
2) Smuggling the Gospel: The Power of Story in Evangelism and Discipleship
3) Learning from Spiritual Pilgrimage of C.S. Lewis
4) The Power of Friendship in the Christian Life
5) Mere Christianity
6) The Power of Prayer in the Christian Life
7) Spiritual Warfare in the Christian Life
8) Belief in Miracles and the Supernatural
9) Absolute Truth and the Call to Discipleship
10) The Question of Pain and Suffering
11) Final Destinations: Heaven and Hell in the Writings of C.S. Lewis
12) Mere Evangelism: Insights on Sharing Our Faith from C.S. Lewis
For questions, please contact your respective program location.