Back to series
FOCUS OF THE MONTH: HONORING GOD
Learn more in our Dawn Treader Magazine
For week one, ask the first question over an unhurried meal. Let the children think about it and then offer their own answers. The children should talk more than the parents. Throughout the week, offer the different reasons highlighted and let the children discuss them. (Parents, read through the relevant Bible passages in advance.) Challenge the children to look up other verses addressing the question. Do the same for the following questions each week for the month.
QUESTIONS TO HELP YOUR FAMILY GROW
Why should we honor God and trust Him?
Read: John 3:16, 1 John 4:19
- Discuss God’s character.
- Discuss God’s love.
- Discuss God’s desire to rescue us.
How can we honor God?
Read: 1 Chronicles 16:23-31, esp. v. 29
- Praise Him.
- Talk to Him in prayer.
- Obey Him and His teachings.
How can parents of young children honor God?
Read: Deuteronomy 11:18-22
- Teach them about God.
- Be ready to answer tough questions.
- Pray for their children.
Why should children honor and trust their parents?
Read: Ephesians 6:1-3
- God commands it (Fifth Commandment).
- God has given parents the responsibility to raise Godly children.
- Parents love their children and want them to know and understand the truth.